Saturday, November 13, 2004

Look upon me and rejoice

It has become immediately apparent to me how vain this all is. I was just filling out my profile and it's just me, me, me.
Anyway, last night I hung out in a goth bar and I realised how segregated dancing is. I don't think it's any secret that goth people have a dancing style that is, ahem, distinctive. Yet, they seem to enjoy dancing on the same level that ravers, or clubbers, or country western people do. Basically, everyone is trying to enjoy the music, or get laid, and not look too ridiculous doing it. Nevertheless, we have goth bars and country bars and clubs and raves; and we all dance seperately.
That being said, I seriously considered giving goth dancing a try. Some of the less-frightening goth girls were pretty cute. I would not claim to have any 'game,' as the kids say, but i have found dancing to be an invaluable element in courting a lady. My dancing skills are adequate at best (my dancing was once, charitably i think, referred to as charming), but women seem to appreciate the effort.
But have you seen goth dancing? I think it could be best termed as 'unfortunate.' It involves an insane amount of lurching, and clawing at the air, and pitching completely forward at the waist. It's like watching Nosferatu in fast motion set to Marilyn Manson. I honestly don't think I am capable of emulating it with any sincerity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anthi said...

God damn man, you post 6 posts, and 4 of them are excellent. Keep it up.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Dash Bradley said...

Only 4 out of 6!? What's wrong with the others? And they are not 'excellent,' they are monumental! Astronomical! They redefine what it is to be alive! Holtz, bring the needle, you swine. I need my shot!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home