Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Take off your tie

I am at work and I am drunk. I did not get drunk before coming to work, I don't do that (yet). I got very (apparently very) drunk yesterday and I woke up drunk today. You should be allowed to call in drunk to work, without any stigma. I mean, for Christ's sakes, I'm in customer service! I'm speaking to customers and I'm just sloshed. But if I were to go to my supervisor and tell her "I'm sorry, I'm too drunk to work," she'd probably fire me on the spot. What the hell am I supposed to do? I'm sick and tired of this workplace discrimination against the sobriety- challenged.

12 Comments:

Blogger Melanie was here said...

I feel your pain. This happens more than I'd like to admit. I agree, calling in drunk should be allowed and applauded!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

You wear a tie to work? I thought you were a smelly hippie.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

I hate disgusting hippies.

Also, the place I worked at in Lawrence used to let us call in drunk. I only did it once becasue of all the shame. Same with masturbation.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Dash Bradley said...

Wear a tie? Oh my lord, no, that was just a joke. I'm not even wearing dress pants. I'm wearing jeans, as we speak.
And Nick, you've only masturbated once?

4:19 PM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

What you need to do is call in and say you are coming down with something. You are! Hangover is being sick! So Sayeth me!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

Yeah, Dash. Once.



Per Hour.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Oops.

Did I mention I LOVE guys named Nick? Always have.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

I just did the same thing over at Underhill's place. We need discipline.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

I used to work in a call center and once had a worker call in sick, because he was gay. "I have a case of the gay today." (he was gay, by the way) Another time, a kid called in with "vertigo." But, I did have employees call in drunk...just need to learn how to lie, Dashy! Don't you hate it when people call you dashy? ;-)

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://bvxdmsbl.com/tsep/aqnb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://sdkgqyfw.com/xwhc/wybs.html]Cool site[/url]

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://bvxdmsbl.com/tsep/aqnb.html | http://stthadgr.com/ywao/msdt.html

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home