Saturday, March 19, 2005

Indie Filmmaker Loses Mind

I've been reading about this British science fiction action movie that was made for 20,000 pounds. It's kind of impressive; apparently it has special effects and stunts and a film score with an actual orchestra (which is good because I fucking hate synthesizer soundtracks). It's called Soul Searcher, and it's about a boy who becomes the new Grim Reaper, which for some reason involves fighting demons. Here's the actual movie site, which has a great diary from the director. It covers like three years of pre-production, production and post-production. He seems like a resourceful, optimistic guy, but he kind of loses it after a few years:

"So, a brief summary. Over the last week, two sessions of back-breaking labour building embankments and then dismantling them again, many hours loading things in and out of hire vans, £250 worth of damage to one such van, and hour upon hour of working in the pouring rain, wind, mud and miscellaneous unpleasantness... and for what? Two shots. TWO FUCKING SHOTS. THIS FILM IS TAKING THE PISS. I HATE IT. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT."

Here's a link to the Guardian article that brought the film to my attention. After reading the diary, I really want to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home