Sunday, March 13, 2005

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Hmm, some troubling incidents last night. First we went down to the neighborhood pub (which is under new management, by the way, so they now actually stock alcohol! Before it was like the Cheese Shop sketch from Monty Python: "Scotch?" "No." "Whiskey?" "Maybe next time." "Gin?" "Oh, we just ran out."), to meet some friends for drinks. Now the dude we were meeting was a bit younger than us, and although a good guy, has a tendency to get a bit excited when he drinks. Now, also, he recently got a new girlfriend, which he is also very excited about. We met her for the first time last night, introductions all around; she seemed very nice. A little later, she was up at the bar and our boy leaned in for a word. He asked what we thought of her, and we said that we liked her. He asked if we thought she was good-looking, and we said that, yes, she was quite attractive. "Wait," he says. "Let me get her to take her jacket off so you guys can get a better look at her." He started to stagger to his feet and my friends, probably for the best, stopped him and advised him that, perhaps, she might not appreciate being made to strip for his friends (my friends stopped him. I actually just sat back and waited to see what would happen. I’m a prick, I know).
Anyway, later on we took the unusual step of actually leaving the pub to go somewhere else. I know! We went to a party being held at the house of a friend of a friend of an acquaintance of a friend. Actually it was these guys. The term "sausage fest"* could accurately be used here to describe the party, as there were about twenty men and about two girls (the female population doubled briefly when two girls came, accurately sized up the situation and left after about ten minutes). We showed up late, so everyone was already pretty drunk; at one point one especially drunken fellow got it in his head that he should start dancing. So he starts doing this ridiculous break dancing and a circle forms and everyone eggs him on while laughing and pointing. It might sound funny, but really it was just kind of malicious, and made me feel sort of creepy. Aren’t these people friends? Although I will, apparently, sit idly by while someone commits relationship suicide, I’d like to think I would not actually encourage them. Afterwards, everyone was trying to get him to dance again and making a big deal about it.
We left shortly after that, and went back to the warm bosom of our pub, just in time for last call. You could say that I’m a creature of habit, seeing as how I always hang out in the same bar and have had the same circle of friends since I was fifteen. But whenever I leave the bar and try to meet new people, look at the shit I have to put up with!

Note: We all later agreed that it would, in fact, have been very funny if we let out friend try to get his girlfriends jacket off.




*Other applicable terms: "cock convention," "testicle engagement," or "penis gathering."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home