Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Q&A Session

"Look at how he moves. Why does he move like that? How does he move like that?"
-Jorgen Leth, The Perfect Human

Q: So you were kind of freaking out, before.
A: That’s not a question.

Q: Okay, were you freaking out back there?
A: Most definitely.

Q: Are you still freaking out?
A: Not so much. I think I’m always freaking out a little bit, these days. Right now I am freaking out, but not so emphatically. Not with so many italics.

Q: Should we expect more anxiety-laden posts?
A: I would hazard that yes, yes we should.

Q: That’s kind of a drag…
A: That’s not a question.

Q: So, are you okay, now?
A: Yeah, more or less. Don’t worry about it.

Q: Are you still going to become a recluse?
A: Maybe not. I do still enjoy going to bars, although they do depress me now, a little. Still, if I sit at home, I have a 0% chance of meeting a woman*. If I go out, that jumps up to 5%.

Q: Did you mean all that identity crisis shit?
A: I don’t know, probably. Look, this is kind of a fucked up period. I’m pulling my shit together, but at the moment I’m kind of stripped bare. I’m like a house undergoing renovations. My plaster’s exposed, my floors are ripped up, my wiring’s hanging loose. I just have to keep at it and have faith that the work will get done, and I’ll be myself again.

Q: That’s a really pretentious analogy.
A: Hey, fuck you!

Q: No, fuck you.
A: That’s not a question.



* Well, technically it's not 0%. I mean, there is a chance that an attractive neigbor might knock on my door to borrow a cup of salt, and some playful double entendres might lead to noisy sex. It's possible, but improbable. So, I'll go out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you're not changing your blog to "Dash Bradley is dragging sadly." But I hope you look into the brain chemistry thing.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home