Sunday, December 05, 2004

Science Corner

As a licensed neurosurgeon and snake-oil salesman, I have always had an interest in arcane medical disorders. And here's one now: Alien Hand Syndrome.
It involves these kinds of seizures where your arm starts acting independently of the rest of your body. Yow! Apparently your hand will tear at your clothes, grab your other arm, one guy was driving and his hand tried to drive him off the road.
Apparently it's caused by some injury to the brain, but some theorize that it could also be the work of a second consciousness trying to assert itself. Fucked! It must be exciting for the second consciousness, though; you spend you're whole existence buried in someone elses' consciousness, and then one day- woohoo! I have a hand! I'm-a gonna grab some clothes, grab-a the hand. What's this? A steering wheel! Out of my way! I'm driving!
Frankly, the sitcom potentials are endless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home