Sunday, December 05, 2004

Things that I find disturbing

I am always vaguely unsettled when women refer to sex as 'delicious,' or 'yummy,' or any other descriptive term normally reserved for food. I cannot articulate why it disturbs me, it just does.
For the first time in a long time I stayed home on a Saturday last night. I caught Saturday Night Live for the first time in quite a while, as well. As luck would have it, it was the infamous Jude Law/Ashlee(y?) Simpson episode, previously unseen by me. I thought Mr. Law was rather droll, although i already knew that, having seen 'I heart Huckabees.' I have this weird thing, though, whenever I see people being embarrassed; I just find it unbearable. When Ms. Simpsons' rather unfortunate second performance came on, I had to change the channel. I can't really explain why I find it so hard to watch; perhaps it simply dredges up my own vivid memories of humiliation. I have similar problems when I watch the Oscars; some of those speeches are just brutal. Get off the stage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home