Thursday, February 10, 2005

God's Love

So, Saturday afternoon around 4, I was on my way to meet a friend at a bar. While stopped at a corner, I noticed a group of fresh-faced youngsters with a bunch of thermos' (thermi?). One of them approached me with a styrofoam cup:

She: Would you like some hot chocolate?
Me: Uh... okay. Thanks.
She: Just so you know... we're with a mission group, and we're handing out hot chocolate to show God's love!
Me: Okay. Uh... thanks.

So, off I went to drink and gamble and defend gay marriage. Take that, Christianity!
That being said, the defense of same-sex marriage was incidental; it wasn't originally in the agenda. When I got to the bar, a friend of a friend of a friend showed up and immediately after sitting down made some derogatory remark about gay marriage. I called him on it, no big deal; it didn't come to blows or anything. But then, I went and gambled and won ten dollars, which I see as God's affirmation of my opinions. I was, after all, filled with His love. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home