Monday, May 16, 2005

Run with me

I’m at work and I’ve run mad. I’ve torn my keyboard out of it’s mooring and I’m using it to smash the monitor to pieces. My coworkers are screaming but I can’t hear them, maybe I am screaming, too. I overturn my chair, and yank my phone out of the wall and throw it at the reader board; both explode in a shower of sparks. Everyone around me is frozen; their mouths wide open. I should be able to hear them, but nada. I am running now. Can you see me? I am running and pushing people down and knocking over chairs (The office is becoming untidy. Because of me.) People are running with me, or after me, I can’t tell. For the moment we all seem to be running together. Maybe they started running after me, to catch me and stop me but I think now they are running with me. We are running around the office throwing up papers into the air and overturning chairs. We are screaming expletives into the phones at outraged customers. We are running because it is not insane. What we do for a living is insane and this makes sense. That is why no one will be able to stop us. Anyone who tries to stop us will see, will see, that what we are doing makes more sense and they will run with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home