Monday, June 27, 2005

How I am doing

Don’t you hate people who infrequently update their sites? What motherfuckers!
Anyway, been a busy week. Let’s get started; this is a three-parter so pay attention. Ready?
The most interesting day last week was Wednesday, which turned out to be the exact kind of night I like. It started uninteresting enough, I was going to go down to the Little Italy-ish part of Winnipeg with a friend of mine for some drinks. When the weather is nice, half of Winnipeg descends on Little Italy-ish, to sip cappuccino, eat gelatto and gawk at each other. My friend met me at my apartment and we headed out, but we had to wait in the area because he had to meet his drug dealer shortly. We decided to have a drink at the local pub, the Toad, while we waited, where we found a friend of mine hanging out with a few of her girlfriends. They invited us to join them, which we did, and we played boardgames. I played, I think, something called scattergories, which I completely misunderstood how to play and fucked up the first few rounds, much to everyone’s amusement. I’m not really big on boardgames, as they distract one from drinking, but I tried to be a good sport. Anyway, the girls got tired and went home relatively early, so we decided to return to the original plan, we got about two steps and we ran into a friend-of-a-friend who invited us to the Zoo, which was having their weekly amateur stripper contest. Now, I’ve kind of sworn off strippers, as I’ve always found them kind of depressing, and I’ve really seen more strippers than a man my age has any right to. But, when I’ve been drinking you don’t really have to twist my arm that much to do anything.
Now this guy, this friend-of-a-friend, is someone whom I actually consider my nemesis. He’s not aware of this, I’ve never found the time, nor words, to tell him, but it’s how I think of him. I’ve known him, through a close friend (Chuck, actually), for many years; we’ve never been exactly good friends, but we always got along. You know, we’d meet at parties, fuck around, make each other laugh. We have a lot in common, actually, similar sense of humor, we both write; we’ve even discussed collaborating on a project. Now, he’s my nemesis for two main reasons: a) he has, in the past, been a rather heavy coke dealer, which involved selling coke to a lot of my friends. I know, I know, they are adults and they made their own decisions and he didn’t push them into anything; but it sure didn’t endear him to me. Now, more important is b) this guy is a big time womanizer; he’s fucked about half the women in Winnipeg. So, okay, not unforgivable, again he’s not forcing himself on women, they seem to go for the guy, fair enough. But like I said, I have a lot in common with this guy. Including taste in women. So, whenever I see this guy, he’s with a girl who is funny, interesting, quirky, smart; the exact kind of girl I would like to date. And what does he do? Fucks them and discards them. And women always go for it! They love this guy, they eat up his shit every time; not for nothing, but I’ve had a girl leave me for him. I can’t compete with this guy; he’s like a cooler, older, better looking, infinitely more confident version of me. The only thing I have going for me is that I’m not a scumbag, which, as we’ve discussed, doesn’t hold much weight with most women.
So, yeah, he’s my nemesis, but hey, that shouldn’t stop one from drinking with the guy. So, I had a good time, like I said, we get along. I shall keep him relatively close, and wait.
And wait.
Anyway, like I said this is the exact kind of night that I like. You head out the front door with a vague plan in mind, and things just come up, and plans change, and your night ends up totally different than what you thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home