Friday, November 19, 2004

A lesson learned

So, usually when I've been drinking I, you know, finish drinking before I go to bed. Either that or I pass out on the couch, or floor, and go to bed a few hours later when I wake up. Last night I was accommodating a house guest who announced he was tired. Obligingly, I retired to my bedroom to read, as I was not quite tired yet. I'm not sure why I was attempting to read, as I was already quite drunk, and reading whilst drunk is unrewarding at best. Regardless, I propped myself up in bed, book in hand, my beer sitting on the bed next to me. I put the beer in my bed, and not on the table next to my bed, because I am so fucking clever.
Five or so hours later I wake up, with considerable surprise, to find my bed soaking wet. Upon investigation, I was pleased to find that I had not pissed the bed, but I was less pleased to find I had instead saturated it with beer. I curled up on the remaining dry patch, and tried to out-sleep my shame, with mixed results.
So, that's one to grow on. Beer's a rotten bed-mate (but a great roommate).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home