Saturday, January 15, 2005

Redheads part 2

See part one.
Christ, I'm linking to myself; what vanity. Anyway, yeah, so this chick I met while drunk several months ago apparently dug my rudeness. Whatever. Anyway, last night I'm out at my neighborhood bar and who should come up to me but the redhead in question. Holy shit. So I go and sit with her and her roommate, whom I also met (presumably); now, the only thing I can remember is: "be rude." So I'm being a total dick, and not hitting on her too aggressively as I figure, hey, I got time.
Then. Then. Then. Then this slick motherfucker rolls in and starts chatting her up; and he is being sweet as cherry fucking pie. "Oh, I'm a social worker, it's so rewarding" (fuck you). She buys it! Picks her right up, the bastard, his science was too tight. So at some point I figure, aw shit, this is a lost cause; but of course, if I'm going down, I'm going down in fucking flames. So I got very drunk, and hung out with these kids (they were all like four years younger than me. The motherfuckers friend went to high school with a buddys' little brother), and I'm sure I made an utter ass of myself.
Clap...clap...clap.
In other romancing news, the other night I was at a bar with a friend of mine; it was around closing time, we were standing by the dance floor drinking our beers and this chick comes up and asks my friend: "Do you and your partner(!) like to dance?" My friend advises her that he and I are, in fact, friends rather than partners, but yes we do dance. So this girl asks us to dance with her, which I was prepared to oblige; but when we're going to the dance floor my friend decides to go home (I later learned from him that, despite the fact the girl was talking to him, he thought she was into me so he was giving me space to woo her. Also, he intended his exit to be ninja-like, as he figured he would melt into the crowd. Unfortunately, my recollection is that he wasn't quite that graceful). So we start dancing and the girl notices my friend is gone, so she asks: "Where did your partner go?" Again, I pointed out that he was my "friend," and that he had gone home. Wallop. She turned away from me for the duration of the song and that was that. So either she was actually into my friend, not me, or she was really taken with the idea of dancing with two gay guys.
Either way, I am batting .100 with the ladies, lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home