Wednesday, November 17, 2004

80's Night

This is my second post about dancing, which I will concede is kind of excessive.
Tomorrow (Thursday) is 80's night. There is a bar in my neighborhood, which is usually a goth bar, but on Thursdays they celebrate all that is 80's. God help me, I enjoy it.
Now, I don't generally like 80's music; I certainly don't listen to it on my own time. Likewise, I don't really like dancing, generally. But for some fucking, fucking reason, I like dancing to 80's music.
But it's not even the music per se; the vibe in this bar, on this particular night, is incredible. I generally find clubs to be hostile environments. There is so much sexual tension and competition I always feel like I'm about to be bottled at any moment. But this bar is different, I don't know why. For some reason, everyone is just there to have a good time. Well... 90% good time, 10% getting laid (it is still a bar). But if you consider that most places have a 40-60 good time/ sex ratio, those are pretty good odds. That being said, everyone is so relaxed and casual that women are far more approachable. Thus improving the odds for sex. Everybody wins!
Anyway, if you could go back in time and tell teenage Dash that one day he would look forward to 80's night in a bar; you would see a display of weeping and vomiting reminiscent of severe heroin withdrawal. Nevertheless, I'm strapping on mah dancing shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home