Friday, May 20, 2005

mad hot

So last night I went to me local club to attend 80’s night, the hottest game in town on Thursday nights. I went with some friends, including my friend Amanda. Now, Amanda is my friend’s girlfriend (hi Matt!), and she is very hot, and I say that objectively. It’s kind of weird dancing with her, because everyone kind of looks at me like: "What the hell is she doing with you?" One dude actually came up to us, checker her out, and said "Dude, you got it going on right there." I said "thanks," but I think I should have said, "Go fuck your mother." Oh well.
I ran into a coworker and had this exchange:
Coworker: Hey, I work with you, right?
Me: Oh, yeah, hey, Dmitri.
Coworker: Yeah, I’m Rene!
Me: Fuck.
He didn’t even hear me. Why do people bother to talk in bars? Anyway, this one girl really thought Amanda was hot; she came up to her on the dance floor and screamed at her: "Oh my God, you’re so hot!" and made Amanda dance with her. At the end of the night when we were leaving we ran into this girl on the street.
Girl: (To Amanda) Oh my God, it’s you! You’re so hot!
Amanda: Thanks.
Girl: No! You are so hot!
Amanda: Uh... Thanks.
Girl: No! I love you! You’re hot!
Amanda: Okay.
Girl: No! I love you! I want to be you!
Me: Now, wait a minute. What’s wrong with the way you look? You’re very pretty.
Girl: (bitterly) No I’m not. I mean (points to Amanda) she’s hot. (points to my friend, Ron) He’s hot. (points to me) You…(pause) You look like Sam Roberts (a popular Canadian rock musician).
Me: Oh. Well you’re still pretty.
Girl: No, I’m not. I mean look at me! I’m just not hot.
Me: I’m saying you are.
Girl: (indicates her own body) Well, this maybe.
Me: No, you have a very pretty face.
Girl: No, I don’t.
Me: I’m serious, I think you’re mad-hot.
Girl: (disdainfully) Yeah, but you’re Sam Roberts!
Me: Ouch.
My friends: Who’s Sam Roberts? (I guess he’s not that popular.)
Me: Ehhh, he’s some shitty rock musician.
Girl: Oh yeah? What kind of music do you listen to?
Me: Hardcore gangsta hiphop.
Girl: Seriously?
Me: No, I’m joking.
Girl: (becoming agitated) What do you really listen to?
Me: Uh… indie rock, I guess.
Girl: Okay, have you heard Death From Above?
Me: No.
Girl: You have to listen to Death From Above.
Me: Okay.
Girl: No! You have to listen to them!
Me: I will!
Girl: (shaking me) You have to!
Me: Okay, you see that music store? In the morning when they open I will go and listen to Death from Above.
Girl: You have to listen to Death From Above!
Me: Jesus! I’m telling you I will!
Girl: Okay. (walks off and goes back into bar)
Me: Wait! I forgot to tell you that I love you!
Okay, I didn’t actually say that. But don’t you love crazy drunk girls? She was kind of cute, and something about crazy girls gets me in the longshanks and the skittles, if you twig my meaning. I didn’t actually go to that music store this morning, but you know what? Next time I go I am definitely checking out Death From Above. If there’s one thing crazy drunk chicks know, it’s music.
This is, like, the third time someone has compared me to a musician upon meeting me. Some girls I know (girl H and girl P, in fact) still call me Eric Clapton, and once a dude on the bus called me John Lennon. Now I get this dude. Obviously I am rock-and-fucking-roll.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

A rock star, really? I think you look like Kermit. Do they have muppets in Canada?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Leigh said...

Stinkin hippy, aye! ;-P

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

I still love you even if you are a drunk Ukrainian smelly hippie frog whose cat pees on the doormat and who gets rejected by both editors and drunk girls alike.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

I don't think Sam Roberts is a bad comparison... never heard of him before but he's cute

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Dashie's still cuter. And he's smart and funny and sweet.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Dash Bradley said...

Thank you, m'dear. No, I wasn't offended by the Sam Roberts comparison; I do look like him. What is not so clear is why my compliments mean nothing because I look like him.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Maybe because his hair is in his eyes, impairing his sight?

6:03 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

That I can't explain. Maybe she's had a bad Sam Roberts experience? Maybe she's deranged? Or gay?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Dash Bradley said...

I don't know. All the deranged lesbians I know are real compliment whores. And Sam Roberts fans.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home