Saturday, February 12, 2005

Dutch Bradley

Alright, I'm bored. I took a recent post, and run it through an english to dutch translator a few times. Here's the original post:

"So I've been drinking a lot of wine recently. I was never much of a wine drinker, possibly a result of my vaguely catholic upbringing. I've run into a bit of a brick wall, though, as I can't seem to drink two bottles without blacking out. I know! If I drink just one bottle, well, it just doesn't do. But whenever I pop that second bottle... I'm going to lose a few hours. I think I'm making progress, though; last night I made a conscious effort to pace myself on the second bottle, and I only blacked out for about three hours. Still, it's getting to be kind of a pain in the ass.Also, wine stains! I'm a sloppy, clumsy drunk, which is normally no big deal as I drink beer or cocktails, which are easily cleaned. But fuck! My apartment is fast becoming covered in little purple splatters, like I have an infant who has yet to master drinking juice. I mean, it's bad enough all my furniture smells like beer, maybe I should switch to white... "

And here's what the dutch think:

"Thus drank I a recently wine has. I was never much of a wijndrinker, perhaps a result of my vague catholic education. I a small barge wall in the functioning has introduced, although, since the bottles of I cannot seem two without blacking of to spirits. I weet it! If I drink only one bottle, well, it does not do only. But when I that second bottle... deflagratie I will lose couple hours. I think the progress of I reach, although; previous night supplied I an aware effort on the second bottle for to have designated, and I blacked only of approximately three hours. Still, it becomes pleasantly of a pain in the rest is.Also, wine spots! I am careless, awkward drunk, which normal no large agreement as I is drink beer or the parties of the cocktail party party, which are easily cleaned. But fuck! My plain is rapidly treated in small purpere splatters, as I it has it zuigeling of whom juice for drinking still has to master. I mean, it is my meubilairfragrances such as beer badly already enough, perhaps toestel I on spatie must change concerning... "

The only phrase that survived unharmed is "But fuck!"
Also, I really must start using the phrase "I weet it!"instead of "I know!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home